because of my
a hamster that has given birth should be disturbed as little or possible or she may become agitated and abandon,neglect or even eat the babies. this means other than providing food and water, you should leave the hamsters and their cage alone as mush as possible for the first couple of weeks. while it is tempting to look at the babies and make sure everything is okay, it is best to leave the mom to do her thing.
- place strips of toilet paper or facial tissues int he cage so mom can built a soft nest.
- don't try to handle the babies at all for at least two weeks.
- once the babies have arrived, don't worry about cleaning the cage for a while. leave it for 10-14 days.
- make sure to provide plenty of food and fresh water.
- while its okay to have a quick peek in the cage on occasion, avoid sitting and watching for long period.
- keep in mind that the mom will be very protective as well so may act more aggressive than usual.
- if some reason you must move a baby, use a spoon so you do not get your scent on the baby.
you need to separate them...seriously! unless your baby hamster will ended like mine...huhuhu